Swinging into the Shade
Posted on May 12, 2017
Do your kids complain about playing outside in the summer? It’s not because they want to play video games (okay, not only because they want to play video games). Kids are more susceptible to overheating than adults, putting them at risk for dehydration or heat stroke when they play outside. So how can your family enjoy summer fun without worrying about the sun?
Summer Sun Safety for Kids
- Your family can play outside without fear. It just takes a little sun safety!
- Never play outside during the hottest part of the day (11 am to 4 pm)
- Make sure kids stay hydrated and intake plenty of electrolytes
- Apply sunscreen before heading outside, and make sure everyone wears sunglasses and hats
- Play in the shade whenever possible
- Find summer family activities that allow for periods of rest (like nature hikes)
- Stay on the lookout for the signs of dehydration in kids (red face, tiredness, extreme thirst, muscle cramps, irritability, headache, nausea, or excessive sweating)
Indoor Summer Activities in Westheimer
Is it too hot to play outside? Swing into the Jungle! Monkey Joe’s provides active summer playtime for kids 12 and younger. Our facilities are clean and air conditioned, so the kids can bounce around and have a blast without parents worrying about anyone getting overheated. They can make new friends, bounce away their extra energy, and have fun climbing, sliding, and jumping around our inflatables playground. And there’s no limit on playtime! Once you purchase admission, your kids are free to play until close. Talk about bang for your buck!
Summer fun is waiting at Monkey Joe’s Westheimer!
Connect with us!
It's quick and easy
Now Hiring for Asst. Manager Position
Fill out the waiver before your visit and save time!
Sign up for
Receive Special Promotions
Click here to
get one today