Making Healthy Food FUN Again!
Posted on Mar 10, 2017
Did you know that this month is National Nutrition Month? As tricky as it can be to get kids excited about nutrition, having a balanced diet is important for every child and adult who wants to grow to be healthy and strong. At Monkey Joe’s Pointe Orlando, we want all kids to be healthy so they can have the energy they need for playtime!
How can you make nutrition fun?
- Arts and crafts: Let kids use their imaginations to make a “car” out of grapes and apples or “ants on a log” with peanut butter, celery and raisins. The possibilities are endless!
- A scavenger hunt: Cut out coupons or pictures of healthy foods and help your child find them in a supermarket.
- Cool puzzles and games: Does your child like puzzle games? Have them look for “apples” or other fruits in a word search, or help them figure out the eight-letter word for the green food that ends up as a pickle! (That’s cucumber, by the way.)
- A field trip: Find out where your nearest farmer’s market is located and take your child on a fun field trip to see how the healthiest foods are grown!
- A garden: Is your child a hands-on learner? Help them grow a garden filled with all the foods that can keep them healthy.
What’s in it for them?
When kids learn about the benefits of healthy foods, they can learn that eating the right way makes them grow big and strong. A balanced diet also gives kids the energy they need to enjoy times of play. Once they hear that they could be having MORE fun at Monkey Joe’s Pointe Orlando, they might want to eat healthy all the time! Learn more on our Facebook page.
Connect with us!
It's quick and easy
We gladly accept walk ins for our unlimited play all day every day!
Complete your waiver online before your visit and save time!
Fill out your waiver now
Sign up for
Receive Special Promotions
Click here to
get one today