5 Tips for Taking Action Pictures of Kids
Posted on May 23, 2017
When you’re a parent, you want to capture your child’s every smile, every laugh, and every silly action. There’s nothing worse than snapping the perfect picture, only to find it’s blurry when you send it to Grandma. Monkey Joe’s has your back! Take amazing action shots on your smartphone with these tips for taking photos of kids.
5 Tips for Taking Action Photos of Kids
- Clean your phone. Is your phone covered in unidentifiable gunk? You’re a parent, it happens! Just don’t forget to clean off your phone before you lose that perfect holiday card picture to a streaked camera lense.
- Be prepared. By the time you find your phone, pull up the camera app, and snap a pic, that memorable moment will have passed. Keep your camera focused on the kids so all you have to do is snap the money shot.
- Resist the zoom. We know, you want that smile to be front and center. But as handy as the zoom feature can be, it seriously diminishes your photo quality. Not to mention it’s more likely that you'll miss the action because your child bounced out of frame!
- Know your phone. Features like burst mode can help you capture an action shot, while a grid view can help with photo composition. Play around with your phone to find what works for you.
- Skip the filters. While we love a good black and white photo, 9 times out of 10 you’ll regret that you didn’t keep the original, filter-free pic. Your kids don’t need any help to look adorable!
Connect with us!
It's quick and easy
We gladly accept walk ins for our unlimited play all day every day!
Complete your waiver online before your visit and save time!
Fill out your waiver now
Sign up for
Receive Special Promotions
Click here to
get one today