5 Ways To Beat The Summer Heat
Posted on Jun 12, 2017
Summertime is the ultimate season for kid's play; they're out of school, there's plenty to do and lots of free time on their hands. But man oh man, that heat can be blistering! It's heat can lead to fatigue, dehydration, sunburns and worst of all, cranky kids! We've got a few tips of our sleeve to help you and the kids stay cool during the hot summer days.
- Drink drink drink. We cannot stress enough how important it is to stay hydrated. Kids under the age of 8 should be drinking at least 8 cups of water a day. We all know when given the option for juicy juice or water, they'll almost always choose juice; making it hard to keep them properly hydrated. Try making it fun by buying some colorful ice cubes, a cool cup or flavoring it with powder.
- Wear comfortable clothing. Clothing actually makes a huge difference in keeping cool during the summer. Avoid dark colors like black, browns or dark blues, and stick to lighter colors like whites and pastels. Wearing breathable material will also feel less suffocating. As always, hats and sunglasses are a must!
- Pick the right play times. The middle of the day is when the sun's rays are at their hottest. If you're planning outdoor activities, try to do them before 10:30 am and after 3:30-4:00 pm. Your skin will thank you later!
- Grab a spray bottle. Keep a few plastic spray bottles or ice packs on hand for a quick cool down. These come in handy during summer sports leagues and pool days. Keep them in your purse, car, garage, wherever is convenient!
- Eat an icy treat. I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! Stock the fridge with frozen yogurt, frozen fruit, etc. We love these homemade popsicle recipes!
And the last and best tip of all; play indoors! Our jungle is always air conditioned, and the admission price has no time limit. All day play without the sunburns! To find out more about special events, promos and more, head over to our Facebook page, or give us a call at (832) 427-1375 with any questions. We'll see you soon!
Connect with us!
It's quick and easy
We gladly accept walk ins for our unlimited play all day every day!
Sign up for
Receive Special Promotions
Click here to
get one today